Dr. Ali Sobhani assists with prosecuting foreign and domestic patents in the field of electrical engineering and applied physics. Dr. Sobhani is a professional electrical engineer with experience in academic and industrial research in electrical engineering, nanotechnology, device fabrication, optics, nanophotonics and spectroscopy.
Prior to Osha Liang, Dr. Sobhani worked as an R&D scientist at Cree Inc., which is a pioneer in developing and manufacturing blue/white LEDs, power electronics, and RF devices. Dr. Sobhani was working in the R&D fabrication team to design and create blue LEDs with better efficiency and reliability. Dr. Sobhani received his Ph.D. in electrical engineering/nanotechnology from Rice University, one of best universities in the field.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Rice University (2016)
- M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Rice University (2014)
- Sobhani, A., Knight, M. W., Wang, Y., Zheng, B., King, N. S., Brown, L. V., … & Halas, N. J. (2013). Narrowband photodetection in the near-infrared with a plasmon-induced hot electron device. Nature communications, 4, 1643.
- Knight, M. W., Wang, Y., Urban, A. S., Sobhani, A., Zheng, B. Y., Nordlander, P., & Halas, N. J. (2013). Embedding plasmonic nanostructure diodes enhances hot electron emission. Nano letters, 13(4), 1687-1692.
- Sobhani, A., Lauchner, A., Najmaei, S., Ayala-Orozco, C., Wen, F., Lou, J., & Halas, N. J. (2014). Enhancing the photocurrent and photoluminescence of single crystal monolayer MoS2 with resonant plasmonic nanoshells. Applied Physics Letters, 104(3), 031112.
- Sobhani, A., Manjavacas, A., Cao, Y., McClain, M. J., García de Abajo, F. J., Nordlander, P., & Halas, N. J. (2015). Pronounced linewidth narrowing of an aluminum nanoparticle plasmon resonance by interaction with an aluminum metallic film. Nano letters, 15(10), 6946-6951.
- Wang, Y., Li, Z., Zhao, K., Sobhani, A., Zhu, X., Fang, Z., & Halas, N. J. (2013). Substrate-mediated charge transfer plasmons in simple and complex nanoparticle clusters. Nanoscale, 5(20), 9897-9901.
- Lei, S., Sobhani, A., Wen, F., George, A., Wang, Q., Huang, Y., … & Gupta, G. (2014). Ternary CuIn7Se11: Towards Ultra‐Thin Layered Photodetectors and Photovoltaic Devices. Advanced Materials, 26(45), 7666-7672.
- He, Y., Sobhani, A., Lei, S., Zhang, Z., Gong, Y., Jin, Z., … & Yakobson, B. (2016). Layer engineering of 2D semiconductor junctions. Advanced Materials, 28(25), 5126-5132.
- Tanzid, M., Sobhani, A., DeSantis, C. J., Cui, Y., Hogan, N. J., Samaniego, A., … & Halas, N. J. (2016). Imaging through plasmonic nanoparticles. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 113(20), 5558-5563.
- Tanzid, M., Hogan, N. J., Sobhani, A., Robatjazi, H., Pediredla, A. K., Samaniego, A., … & Halas, N. J. (2016). Absorption-induced image resolution enhancement in scattering media. ACS Photonics, 3(10), 1787-1793.