Qualifications: U.S. Patent Attorney and Attorney at Law
PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRIES SERVED
Annemarie Vicere’s practice includes domestic and foreign patent prosecution, domestic trademark prosecution, and Intellectual Property management and counseling. In patent prosecution, she has worked in the fields of electronics, computer science, finance, and oilfield.
Ms. Vicere has drafted and prosecuted utility patent applications in at least the following example technology areas: software development tools, web-based applications, graphical user interfaces, information security, encryption, file systems, operating systems, compilers, networking, computer resource management, distributed systems, parallelization, encryption, chip design, hardware memory design, peripheral and embedded devices and corresponding firmware, financial and business management systems, healthcare systems, geological applications, drill bit simulation tools, and oilfield simulation tools.
In the area of design applications, Ms. Vicere has experience prosecuting device designs and software designs on a device. She also has experience determining and capturing the scope of the claims as defined through the drawings. In the area of domestic trademark prosecution, Ms. Vicere has experience selecting appropriate classes and descriptions for clients’ goods and services, reviewing search reports, and prosecuting trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
In the area of Intellectual Property counseling, Ms. Vicere has developed patent prosecution strategies, drafted license agreements, counseled clients on software copyright registration, and conducted infringement and invalidity analyses.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center (2011)
- M.S., Computer Science, University of California at San Diego (2004)
- B.S., Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Montana (2001)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- “America’s Top Patent Prosecutors of 2011,” Patent Buddy (2011)
- Annemarie Vicere, America Invents Act: An Overview, Osha Liang Newsletter, no. 22, (March 2013)
- Annemarie Vicere, Business Method Patents and the America Invents Act, Osha Liang Newsletter, no. 21, (September 2012)
- Annemarie Vicere, New Guidance from the USPTO for Subject Matter Eligibility of Process Claims, (August 2010)
- “Anatomy of an NDA”, Houston Technology Center (HTC) Ignition Program (2012)
- German (conversational)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Licensing Executive Society