Qualifications: U.S. Patent Attorney and Attorney at Law
PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRIES SERVED
Aron Griffith’s practice encompasses numerous aspects of intellectual property law including patent preparation and prosecution, validity and infringement opinions, agreements, and IP counseling in the fields of chemical engineering, chemistry, power production, and mechanical engineering, with an emphasis in hydrocarbon processing, oilfield technologies, and polymer processes and catalysts.
Mr. Griffith’s experience includes patent prosecution, counseling, and litigation in the chemical and mechanical arts. He has drafted and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications in various chemical and mechanical fields including, but not limited to, hydrocarbon processing (inclusive of hydroconversion, hydrotreatment, metathesis, isomerization, alkylation, oligomerization, etherification, and many others), gasification, polymerization processes and catalysts, polymer processing, drilling fluids, downhole tools, adhesives, and power production.
In the area of intellectual property counseling, Mr. Griffith has prepared freedom-to-operate, non-infringement and invalidity opinions; counseled clients on patent design-around strategies; developed and implemented global patent prosecution strategies for numerous patent families; and conducted intellectual property due diligence.
Previously, Mr. Griffith drafted and prosecuted patent applications with Lundeen and Dickinson, an intellectual property boutique in Houston, Texas. Before his legal career, he worked as a chemical engineer for Total Petrochemicals (formerly Atofina Petrochemicals) performing research in the area of polymer process and product development. While at Auburn University, he conducted research in the area of supercritical fluid processes.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center (2006)
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Auburn University (1998)
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (1994)
- “An Introduction to Intellectual Property and Patent Law,” AIChE Regional Process Technology Conference, Galveston, Texas (2011)
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- “Top Lawyer,” H Texas magazine (2016, 2017)