Dr. Akanbi is an experienced professional electrical engineer with experience in several industries including computer hardware and software, information technology, telecommunications, oil and gas, energy, and the government research and development sector. He has led research and product engineering and technology teams in Fortune 500 companies.
Prior to joining Osha Liang, Dr. Akanbi worked for Sandia National Laboratories, where he led a team of electrical and mechanical engineers on research and new product development for the United States Department of Energy. Before joining Sandia National Laboratories, Dr. Akanbi was a Principal Engineer at Halliburton where he led a team on engineers and technologists on product development on novel oil well intervention monitoring and diagnostics using electronic sensors, fiber optics and optoelectronics. He also contributed to the advancement of digital media storage, networking, and data communication when he was a Senior Engineer and Technology Strategist at Hewlett Packard.
Dr. Akanbi earned his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology, where his graduate dissertation focused on the use of dense wavelength division multiplexing in optical networks. Dr. Akanbi is a licensed professional engineer in Texas. He has published several papers in top journals and conference proceedings. He also has two patents.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (2006)
- B.Sc., with highest honors, Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (2000)
- Professional Engineer’s License, P.E., State of Texas (2013)
- Oladeji Akanbi and Jerry Aguren. Dispersion Scheme for Physical Layer Diagnosis In Bi-directional Dual-fiber Optical Networks. U.S. Patent 20,100,189,434, issued July 29, 2010.
- Stephen Tilghman and Oladeji Akanbi. Modulating Downhole Reflector. WO2016167738, issued October 20, 2016.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Oladeji Akanbi, Jerry Aguren, and Jonathan Lloyd, Proceedings of HP Tech Con 2008, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Oladeji Akanbi, Jianjun Yu, Gee-Kung Chang, “Interleaved Bidirectional Transmission of 16 X 10-Gb/s DWDM Signals Using DPSK Modulation Format and In-line Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers,” IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology, 2006.
- Oladeji Akanbi, Jianjun Yu, Gee-Kung Chang, “A Novel Scalable Multistage DWDM PON Architecture Using Cascaded Optical Interleavers With Increasing Periodicities Controlled in Central Offices,” OFC 2006
- Oladeji Akanbi, Jianjun Yu, Gee-Kung Chang, “A New Scheme for Bi-directional WDM-PON Using Upstream and Downstream Channels Generated by Optical Carrier Suppression and Separation Technique,” IEEE Photonic Technology Letters, 2006.
- Oladeji Akanbi, Jianjun Yu, Gee-Kung Chang, “A New Bidirectional WDM-PON Using DWDM Channels Generated by Optical Carrier Suppression and Separation Technique,” ECOC 2005, Glasgow, Scotland.
- Oladeji Akanbi, Jianjun Yu, Gee-Kung Chang, “Bi-directional Transmission of DPSK Channels Using an In-Line SOA,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 2005.
- Oladeji Akanbi, Jianjun Yu, Yong-Kee Yeo, Benny Bing, Gee-Kung Chang, “Bidirectional DPSK Transmission of 16 X 10 Gb/s DWDM Channels Using Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers,” CLEO 2005, Baltimore, Maryland.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Two-time Tower Academic Award Winner, Georgia Tech (1999, 2000)
- Excellence Award in Project Leadership, Hewlett Packard (2007)
- Focal Point Technology Award, Halliburton (2014)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Journals, Reviewer
- National Society of Black Engineers, Graduate Affairs Coordinator