PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRIES SERVED
Dr. Elsa Benveniste assists with prosecuting patents in the optics, optoelectronic, nanotechnology, semiconductor, electrical engineering and general physics.
Prior to entry into the legal field, Dr. Benveniste worked as a research engineer in different fields including optic, electronic, optoelectronic, semiconductor, instrumentation for research applications as well as for medical applications.
Dr. Benveniste obtained her Ph.D. in Physics at the University Denis Diderot, Paris 7, where her graduate dissertation focused on the performance of Mid Infrared Quantum Cascade Laser. In addition, Dr. Benveniste worked in the development of detectors based on optical fibers for medical application in hadrontherapy and development of optical instrumentation for the diagnosis of particles accelerated by laser-plasma.
- Ph.D., Physics, University Denis Diderot, Paris (2009)
- M.S., Material and Nano Objects, University Denis Diderot, Paris (2006)
- M.S., Magistère in Physics, University Denis Diderot, Paris (2006)
- Mapping the X-Ray Emission Region in a Laser-Plasma Accelerator, S. Corde et al. Physical Review Letters 107, 215004 (2011)
- Gain and performance of Mid Infrared Quantum Cascade Lasers, Thesis University Denis Diderot, Paris 7 (2009)
- Measurement of gain and losses of a Mid Infrared Quantum Cascade Laser by wavelength chirping spectroscopy, E. Benveniste et al. Applied Physics Letters 94, 081110 (2009)
- Influence of the material parameters on quantum cascade devices, E. Benveniste et al. Applied Physics Letters 93, 131108 (2008)
- International Conference on Translational Research in Radio-Oncology and Physics for Health in Europe – Geneve – 2012« Profilers for high intense beams’ Application to Hadrontherapy »
- COFREND – Dunkerque – 2011 « Une approche innovante et prometteuse de production de rayons X pour le contrôle de pièces métalliques: L’Accélérateur Laser Plasma
- Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics CLEO/IQEC – Baltimore USA – 2009 «Gain and Losses of Mid-Infrared Quantum Cascade Lasers by Frequency Chirping Spectroscopy»
- International Quantum Cascade Lasers School & Workshop – Monte Verita – 2008 «Current dependence of gain and losses in mid infrared»
- The International Conference on Intersubband Transitions in Quantum Wells – Ambleside, Cumbria, U.K. – 2007 «Experimental and theoretical study of intersubband electroluminescent diodes based on different materiel systems»
- Physics of Intersubband Semiconductor Emitters Summer School – Cortona – 2006 « The injection efficiency in a three level quantum cascade diode based on the material system InAs/AlSb »