Qualifications: Attorney at Law
PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRIES SERVED
Keelin Hargadon’s practice encompasses trademarks, trade dress, trade secrets, copyrights and litigation, with a focus on trademark prosecution and enforcement on both the domestic and international level.
Ms. Hargadon has an extensive work history in intellectual property, beginning at Dell, Inc. as an intellectual property paralegal in 2004. While attending law school, she interned for Judge Mike Engelhart in the 151st Civil District Court, and clerked for both an IP boutique firm and a civil litigation firm in Houston.
In addition to general trademark prosecution, Ms. Hargadon has worked on trademark oppositions, cancellations, and settlement negotiations in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. In the context of enforcement, Ms. Hargadon has helped to remove infringing products from major Internet retailers, and has been involved in disputes regarding parallel imports internationally. Ms. Hargadon also frequently works with clients to secure and enforce rights to domain names, including experience with UDRP and URS proceedings.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law (2013)
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship (2010-2011)
- B.A., Political Science, University of Texas (2004)
- State Bar of Texas
- “Top Lawyer,” H Texas magazine (2017)
- “3 Strategies Used By Chinese Trademark Squatters,” Law360 (February 2017)
- Updates and Changes in Chinese Trademark and Copyright Law (2013)
- Co-Author, Negotiations Component, Royalties (2011)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers