Qualifications: U.S. Patent Attorney and Attorney at Law
PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRIES SERVED
Ko Nakamura’s practice includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications and preparing non-infringement and invalidity opinions. Mr. Nakamura also has a wide range of experience in the field of automotive technologies, including vehicular headlamps, hybrid vehicle engines and batteries, transmissions, drive assist, keyless entry, window switches, vehicle security, vehicle safety, climate control, and windshield wipers, electronics including relays, switches, connectors, micro sensing devices, MEMS sensors, image sensing technologies, light emitting diodes, speakers, and digital video recorders, and healthcare devices including blood pressure monitors. Mr. Nakamura is fluent in Japanese and specializes in Japanese origin applications.
Mr. Nakamura joined Osha Liang in 2005 as a patent engineer. His previous experience includes an internship at Toyota Motor Manufacturing North America in the Plant Engineering Safety and Plant Engineering Paint Groups, at Toyota Technical Center in the Engineering Design Chassis Group, and at General Electric Power Systems in the Compressor Technology Group.
Mr. Nakamura’s graduate coursework emphasized automotive technologies and environmental sustainability in design and manufacturing.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center (2010)
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan (2005)
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University (2003)
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Japanese (fluent)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- U.S. Bar/Japan Patent Office Liaison Council
- National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences