Qualifications: Attorney at Law
PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRIES SERVED
Monica M. Moussighi is a member of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Her practice focuses on all aspects of intellectual property rights, including patent and trademark litigation and procurement.
Ms. Moussighi has handled patent matters for clients across multiple industry sectors, including wireless telecommunications, computer hardware and software, automotive technologies, and food service. She has litigated in various forums, including the U.S. International Trade Commission and several district courts, and is involved in all aspects of litigation, including invalidity and noninfringement analyses, fact and expert discovery, drafting pleadings and responses, and alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Moussighi also has experience in securing and enforcing trademark rights, managing international trademark portfolios, as well as filing and responding to proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Ms. Moussighi earned her J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center, where she acted as the Assistant Recent Developments Editor of the Journal of Consumer and Commercial Law. She participated in the Mediation Clinical Externship, performing over 120 hours of volunteer mediations in the community.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Moussighi worked in the utility industry as a material evaluating engineer and a planning engineer. She earned her Master’s and Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, with a focus on control systems, from the University of Houston Cullen College of Engineering.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center (2010)
- M.E.E., University of Houston Cullen College of Engineering (2005)
- B.S.E.E., University of Houston Cullen College of Engineering (1999)
- State Bar – Texas
- State Bar – Colorado
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- “Top Lawyer,” H Texas magazine (2017)
- “Texas Rising Stars,” Super Lawyers (2015, 2017)
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Co-Author, “Digital Redesign of Observer-Based Weighting Switch Controller for Cascaded Analog Systems with State Saturation and External Loads,” ISA Transactions on The Science and Engineering of Measurement and Automation, Vol. 44, No. 1, January 2005.
- Co-Author, “Digital Redesign of Anti-Wind-Up Controller for Cascaded Analog System,” ISA Transactions on The Science and Engineering of Measurement and Automation, Vol. 42, No. 1, January 2003.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association, Chair – Social Media Committee
- American Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)