Qualifications: Attorney at Law
Upon graduation from law school, Ms. Lecocke served as a Federal Law Clerk to the Honorables Carl O. Bue, Jr., James DeAnda (Chief Judge), and Kenneth M. Hoyt, United States District Judges, Southern District of Texas.
Ms. Lecocke focuses on intellectual property litigation, licensing, and opinions. Before joining Osha Liang, she practiced law at an internationally renowned law firm and a top ranking national intellectual property law firm. She has represented clients in a variety of industries, including computer and other technologies, oil and gas, mechanical and industrial, soft-drinks, and plastics. She has also counseled clients on antitrust matters, IP portfolios, and jurisdictional issues.
Prior to law school, Ms. Lecocke helped design telemetry databases for the Space Shuttle Program as a Computer Engineer for The MITRE Corporation, was a Computer Systems Supervisor at Southwestern Bell Telephone, and a Systems Specialist for the U.S. Air Force Logistics Command Center. Interspersed in her legal career, she also co-founded a § 501(c)(3) non-governmental organization that assisted refugees in Kosovo after the Balkan War, and was a Managing Director for partner and associate placements at AM LAW 200 law firms.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center
- B.S., Magna cum Laude, Computer Science and Mathematics (and post-bac completion of Pre-Med requirements), The University of Texas at San Antonio
- State Bar of Texas
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- The United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- The United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- The United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- A. A. White Dispute Resolution Institute – Mediator Certificate
- Co-author, “Upheaval in the Patent World? Potential Impact of U.S. Supreme Court Consideration of Inter Partes Review,” Osha Liang Newsletter (June 2017)
- Co-author, Patent Law Handbook, Clark Boardman Callaghan (1992-97)
PROFESSIONAL/CIVIC ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Member, Patient and Family Advisor Council
- Member, Onboarding and Sustainability Committee
- Member, Model of Care Workgroup
- Participant, Simulation and Training
- Goodwill Industries of Houston
- Member, Board of Trustees