Dr. Sevindik assists with prosecuting foreign and domestic patents in the field of electrical and computer engineering. Since starting his career in 2003, he has held management, consultant and engineering positions in Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia, Sprint, Vodafone, Turkcell and in start-up companies Airvana Inc, Azimuth Systems. As an innovative leader of a broad range of technical teams, Dr. Sevindik has been granted more than 25 patents for his inventions in the areas of wireless technology, standards and devices.
Dr. Sevindik’s specific experience spans across various areas and specialties, including 5G, NR, 5GC, CBRS, Spectrum Access System (SAS), Shared Radio Access, License Assisted LTE (LAA), LTE-U, LWA, MultiFire, IoT, LTE Advanced, LTE Advanced Pro, Radio Access Network, Core Network, Spectrum Trading & Acquisition, Feature Evaluation & Benchmarking, and Network Investment Strategies.
He is the author of several journal papers, books, and conference articles on fast-evolving wireless technologies. Dr. Sevindik is actively involved in industry forums, associations and conferences worldwide. Dr. Sevindik is also a recipient of a number of industry, academic and corporate awards.
- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Massachusetts (2010)
- CP, Marketing and Finance, University of California Irvine (2013)
- MSc., Telecommunications and Signal Processing, magna cum laude, Bogazici University (2006)
- BSc., Electronics and Communication, summa cum laude, Istanbul Technical University (2004)
- Coordinated multipoint based air-interface resource scheduling. Patent Number: US9674837
- Modifying log files and playback files used for wireless network emulation. Patent Number: 9282477
- Method and system for facilitating transition from broadcast to unicast. Patent Number: 9338715
- Systems and methods for determining broadcast parameters for an area. Patent Number: US9596696
- Systems and methods for determining broadcast parameters for a transmission. Patent Number: US9553735
- Systems and methods for scheduling wireless resources with coordinated multipoint transmissions. Patent Number: US9814060
- Systems and methods for determining a transmission scheme for a broadcast. Patent Number: US9648631
- Systems and methods for configuring device to device communication. Patent Number: US9706385
- System level emulation of TD-SCDMA wireless networks. Patent Number: 9357409
- Signal segmentation, event recognition, extraction and classification for emulating wireless network. Patent Number: 9264923
- Allocation of carriers between base stations with overlapping coverage based on a comparison of their respective backhaul capacities. Patent Number: US9814044
- Wireless communication system to synchronize a single frequency network. Patent Number: US9526078
- Method and systems for selection of a secondary carrier. Patent Number: US9629160
- Multicast file delivery. Patent Number: US9668238
- Systems and methods for scheduling transmissions from an access node. Patent Number: US9525535
- Systems and methods for scheduling low-delay transmissions in a communication network. Patent Number: US9560668
- Quality of Service Enhancement for Wireless Relay Networks. Publication Number: 20160066336
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “Wireless Spectrum Trading: Techniques and Key Performance Indicators,” Amazon, June 2016
- Wang, J. Weitzen, O.Bayat, V.Sevindik, M. Li, “Joint interference coordination approach in femtocell networks for QoS performance optimization”, International Journal of Communication Systems, 2017
- Sevindik, O.Bayat, Packet Scheduling and Traffic Differentiation in Femtocell Environment, IEICE Transactions on Communications, Vol. E93, 2011
- Sevindik, O.Bayat, J. Weitzen, Scheduler Design for Traffic Classification in CDMA2000 1xEVDO network, Journal of Wireless Networks (WINET), DOI 10.1007/s11276-011-0337-8, 2011.
- Sevindik, O. Bayat, J. Weitzen, Traffic Differentiation for BE users in CDMA 1xEVDO Network, International Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications, DOI: 10.1007/s11042-010-0563-6, July 2010
- J. Wang, J. Weitzen, V.Sevindik, O.Bayat, “Interference Coordination in Femtocell Networks for QoS Performance Optimization”, International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN), Athens, 2015
- J. Wang, J. Weitzen, V. Sevindik, O. Bayat, “Dynamic Centralized Interference Coordination in Femto Cell Network with QoS Provision”, Latest Trend on Communications, 2014, Europment
- V. Sevindik, J. Wang, O. Bayat, J. Weitzen, Performance evaluation of a real long term evolution (LTE) network, IEEE 37th Annual Conference on Local Computer Networks, Clearwater, Florida, USA, 2012
- Sevindik, O. Bayat, J. Weitzen, Performance Analysis and Simulation of Packet Scheduling Algorithms in Femtocell Environment, IEEE International Workshop on Indoor and Outdoor Femtocells (IOFC’11) and IEEE WIOPT’11, Princeton, PA, USA, 2011.
- Sevindik, O. Bayat, J. Weitzen, Performance Analysis and Simulation of Packet Scheduling Algorithms in Femtocell Environment, 44th Annual Simulation Symposium (ANSII’11), 2011
- Sevindik, O. Bayat, J. Weitzen, Performance Analysis of Inter-User Best Effort Class Users in CDMA 1xEVDO Network, IEEE proceedings of International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software, Boston, MA, USA, April 2009.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Dean’s High Honor List – All Semesters
- Department of Electrical Engineering Award for First Rank in Graduation
- University President Recognition Award for First Rank in Graduation
- Full Scholarship for Undergraduate Study
- Full Scholarship for Graduate Study
- Fellowship for Doctoral Study
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- World Future Society