Qualifications: U.S. Patent Agent
PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRIES SERVED
Dr. Xue “Sherrie” Holdman is a registered Patent Agent and assists in drafting and prosecuting patents in the biotechnology, chemistry and pharmaceutical industries.
Prior to joining Osha Liang, Dr. Holdman worked as an intern for 2 years at Baylor Licensing Group, where she gained experience in technology transfer and licensing. She also worked as a Graduate Research Assistant at Baylor College of Medicine for more than five years. Dr. Holdman earned her Ph.D. in Integrative Molecular and Biomedical Sciences at Baylor College of Medicine, where her graduate dissertation focused on developing treatment strategies for breast cancers by targeting potential signaling pathways.
- Ph.D., Integrative Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine (2015)
- M.S., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (2010)
- B.S., Biotechnical Pharmaceutics, Jilin University (2007)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Pond AC, Bin X, Batts T, Roarty K, Hilsenbeck S, Rosen JM. Fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling is essential for normal mammary gland development and stem cell function. Stem Cells. 2013 Jan;31(1):178-89.
- Holdman XB, Welte T, Rajapakshe K, Pond A, Coarfa C, Mo Q, Huang S, Hilsenbeck SG, Edwards DP, Zhang X, Rosen JM. Upregulation of EGFR signaling is correlated with tumor stroma remodeling and tumor recurrence in FGFR1-driven breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2015 Nov 18;17:141.
- “FGFR Signaling in Mammary Stem Cell.” X. Bin, Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center Educational Retreat, La Toretta, TX, September 2012. (Oral presentation)
- “EGFR Signaling Promotes Breast Cancer Recurrence.” XB. Holdman, Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center Educational Retreat, La Toretta, TX, August 2015. (Oral presentation)
- “FGFR Signaling in Normal Mammary Gland Development.” X. Bin, A. Pond, JM. Rosen. Gordon Conference on Mammary Gland Biology, Stowe, VT, June 2013. (Poster presentation)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Medical Writers Association
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Institutional Review Board at Baylor College of Medicine
- Chinese Society for Cell Biology
- Chinese Society for Immunology
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Sichuan Dialect