C3: MedTech16 Conference (Create. Connect. Commercialize)
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Osha Liang Houston Office
909 Fannin, Suite 3500
Houston, TX 77010
Join us for a unique full-day conference aimed at connecting entrepreneurs, start-ups, investors, and industry leaders all in one place. Tap into a strong support network, form meaningful connections and gain inspiration for the start-up journey ahead. If your start-up is raising capital of looking for strategic partners, or if your organization is seeking cutting-edge medtech investment opportunities, this is a must-attend event!
For more information about the event, click here.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
Our diverse and to the point talks will truly inspire. By connecting with leading executives, investors, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders, you will gain priceless insights of founding your own company.
- Confirmed Speakers:
- Dr. Robert “Bobby” C. Robbins, MD (President & CEO, Texas Med Center)
- Jennifer Newberger, MPH, JD (Director, Hyman, Phelps & McNamara, P.C.)
- Dr. Will Clifton, MD (Director of Research and Development, Procyrion, Inc.)
- Dr. John P. Alderete, PhD, MBA (President, Flora Bioscience, Inc.)
- Dr. Gerald Loeb, MD (Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Adj. Professor of Neurology and Pharmacy, and Director of the Medical Device Development Facility at the University of Southern California)
- Sanjeev Saxena (CEO, POC Medical Systems, Inc.)
- Dr. Bandula Wijay, PhD (President & CEO, Leomed LLC)
- Dr. Erik Halvorsen, PhD (Director, Innovation Institute at Texas Medical Center)
- Michele J. Schimpp, MA (Deputy Associate Administrator, Small Business Administration – Office of Investment and Innovation)
- Peter Sally, MBA (Director, Zaffre Investments LLC)
- Dr. Atul Varadhachary, MD, PhD (Managing Partner, Fannin Innovation Studio)
- Rakesh Agrawal (CEO, Snapstream Media)
- Marc Nathan (Publisher, Texas Squared Startup Newsletter)
- Interactive Panel Discussions, including topics on:
- SUCCESSFUL MEDTECH START-UPS: Hear successful medtech entrepreneurs reveal their top considerations for pursuing medtech commercialization strategies.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP) PANEL: What are IP considerations (both licensing and IP protection) one needs to anticipate in launching, growing or acquiring a medtech venture?
- REGULATORY PANEL: Learn about the regulatory pathways for med device and pharmaceutical compounds.
- INVESTOR PANEL: Learn about funding options from experts on public and private sources.
- Making Connections: The conference includes several networking opportunities including a breakfast, a luncheon and a cocktail reception where attendees can mingle and get to know investors, founders, and influencers.