Dr. Pirolli is a versatile Chemical Engineer with over 10 years of research and development experience in the oil and gas industry. Specific areas of expertise include surface science, oilfield chemistry, corrosion and sensors.
Prior to joining Osha Liang, Dr. Pirolli worked for Schlumberger both in the U.S. and in the U.K. His years of tenure as a Senior Chemical Engineer and as a Senior Research Scientist provided an optimal background for his current patent preparation and prosecution practice. Dr. Pirolli’s experience also includes a post as Adjunct Professor at Houston’s University of St. Thomas where he taught the Phyical Chemistry Lab, lecturing on Chemistry, Thermodynamics and Kinetics.
- Ph.D., Physical Chemistry, University of Delaware, USA (2006)
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, Ecole Nationale Supérieure du Pétrole et des Moteurs (IFP School, French Petroleum Institute), France (2002)
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Effect of film thickness and the presence of surface fluorine on the structure of a thin barrier film deposited from tetrakis-(dimethylamino)-titanium onto a Si(100)-21 substrate”, Chaoying Ni, Matthew Wells, Zhanping Zhang, Thomas P. Beebe, Jr., Laurent Pirolli, Lucila Méndez De Leo and Andrew V. Teplyakov, Thin Solid Film. (2007)
- “Investigation of Thin Titanium Carbonitride Coatings Deposited Onto Stainless Steel”, Timothy Miller, Jia-Ming Lin, Laurent Pirolli, Laurent Coquilleau, Rajesh Luharuka, Andrew V. Teplyakov, Thin Solid Film. (2012)
- “Determination of the relative permittivity, and Conductance, G, of methylbenzene at temperatures between (303 and 393) K and pressures below 60 MPa with a concentric cylinder capacitor at a frequency of 1 kHz”, Yijie Shen, Anthony R. H. Goodwin, Laurent Pirolli, Kenneth N. Marsh and Eric F. May, Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data. (2013)
- “Determination of the relative permittivity and conductance of heptane at temperatures between 303 and 393 K and pressures below 60 MPa with a concentric cylinder capacitor at a frequency of 1 kHz”, Yijie Shen, Anthony R. H. Goodwin, Laurent Pirolli, Kenneth N. Marsh and Eric F. May, Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data. (2013)
- Book chapter: “Future Energy: Improved, Sustainable and Clean Options for Our Planet”, 2nd edition, Editor: Trevor M. Letcher, I wrote the section on “Hydraulic Fracturing and Matrix acidizing”, co-author “Part II: Fossil Fuels (Energy Sources), Chapter 2 – Conventional Oil and Gas.”(2013)
- “Determination of the Relative Permittivity of Octane at Temperatures between (303 and 393) K and Pressures below 25 MPa with a Concentric Cylinder Capacitor at a Frequency of 1 kHz” by Laurent Pirolli, Anthony R. H. Goodwin, Kenneth N. Marsh, and Eric F. May, Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data. (2014)
- “Structurally Different Interfaces between Electrospark-Deposited Titanium Carbonitride and Tungsten Carbide Films on Steel” by Timothy Miller, Laurent Pirolli; Fei Deng; Chaoying Ni; Andrew Teplyakov; Surface and Coatings Technology. (2014)
- “Investigation of the H2S Poisoning Process for Sensing Composite Material Based on Carbon Nanotubes and Metal Oxides” by Yichen Duan, Laurent Pirolli and Andrew V. Teplyakov, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemicals. (2016)