PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRIES SERVED
Dr. Sternhagen assists with prosecuting foreign and domestic patents in chemical-related industries. His specific areas of expertise include polymer chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry and physics.
Prior to joining Osha Liang, Dr. Sternhagen worked as a research associate and research assistant at Louisiana State University, and as a research associate at the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point. Dr. Sternhagen brings extensive R&D experience and in-depth knowledge of the chemical industry to his work in the field of intellectual property law.
- Ph.D., Chemistry, Louisiana State University (LSU), Baton Rouge, LA (2019)
- B.S., Biochemistry & German, University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, WI (2012)
- Sternhagen, G. L.; Gupta, S.; Zhang, Y.; John, V.; Schneider, G. J.; Zhang, D., Solution Self-Assemblies of Sequence-Defined Ionic Peptoid Block Copolymers. Journal of the American Chemical Society 2018, 140 (11), 4100-4109.
- Chan, B. A.; Xuan, S.; Li, A.; Simpson, J. M.; Sternhagen, G. L., Yu, T., Darvish, O., Jiang, N., Zhang, D.
“Polypeptoid Polymers: Synthesis, Characterization and Properties.” Biopolymers 2018, DOI: 10.1002/bip.23070
- Arai, K.; Sagawa, N.; Shikata, T.; Sternhagen, G. L.; Li, X.; Guo, L.; Do, C.; Zhang, D., Pronounced Dielectric and Hydration/Dehydration Behaviors of Monopolar Poly(N-alkylglycine)s in Aqueous Solution. The Journal of Physical Chemistry B 2016, 120 (37), 9978-9986.
- Timothy S. Evenson Award in Polymer Science (Excellence in Polymer Science) (2019)
- Teaching Assistant Scholar Award (Excellence in General Chemistry education) (2014)
- Eta Omicron of Alpha Mu Gamma National Foreign Language Honor Society (2011)
- Joseph and Margaret Schmauss Award (Excellence in German) (2011)
- National Society of Leadership and Success (2011)
- Irene Anderson Scholarship (Excellence in German) (2009)
- Goethe Institute Book Award (Excellence in German) (2009)
- American Chemical Society