Qualifications: Attorney at Law
Download PDF of Bio
PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRIES SERVED
Han-Mei Tso’s practice focuses on patent litigation, intellectual property licensing and portfolio management, trademark registration, and patent prosecution strategic counseling. Ms. Tso provides legal advice on patent litigation and prosecution matters involving a wide range of technologies including mobile devices, solar cells, semiconductors, medical devices, and consumer electronics.
Ms. Tso has extensive experience in various aspects of patent infringement litigation and provides legal advice on U.S. patent litigation as well as ITC investigations for clients based in China and Taiwan. Ms. Tso has prepared complaints, answers, motions, discovery requests, responses to discovery, and participated in depositions, settlement negotiations, as well as trial in patent infringement and commercial litigations.
In the area of intellectual property counseling, Ms. Tso has developed comprehensive global intellectual property strategies for international clients for patent procurement, trademark registration, and trade secret protection with a broad view of clients’ businesses and technologies.
Previously Ms. Tso worked as an associate at a prestigious Taiwan law firm, where her practice primarily focused on commercial litigation as well as business transactions. Ms. Tso frequently served as an outside counsel for major Taiwanese companies. She has significant experience in working with corporate in-house legal teams to provide legal services on matters relating to license agreements, contract negotiations, and intellectual property investment and management. Prior to practicing in the U.S., Ms. Tso was Deputy General Counsel of a Taiwanese public company where she advised on corporate law, securities regulation, and corporate governance matters.
- Drone Technologies, Inc. v. Parrot S.A., et al. (W.D. Pa.); Represented defendants Parrot S.A. and its subsidiary in a patent infringement litigation.
- HSM Portfolio LLC, et al. v. Fujitsu Limited, et al. (D DE); Represented defendant ProMOS Technologies, Inc. in a patent infringement litigation.
- Richtek Technology Corporation, et al. v. uPI Semiconductor Corporation, et al. (N.D. Cal.); Represented defendant Maxchip Electronics Corporation in a patent infringement litigation.
- VIZIO, Inc. v. Gemtek Technology Co., Ltd. (C.D. Cal.); Represented defendant Gemtek Technology Co., Ltd in a commercial litigation.
- NovelPoint Tracking LLC v. Coolpad Technologies, Inc. (E.D. Tex.); Represented defendant Coolpad Technologies, Inc. in a patent infringement litigation.
- Represented Taiwan Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) in a patent infringement dispute with a leading German automotive manufacturing company involving an illumination device and image projection apparatus.
- Advanced Data Access LLC v. Nanya Technology Corporation, et al. (E.D. Tex.); Represented defendant Powerchip Technology Corporation in a patent infringement litigation.
- Voxpath RS, LLC v. LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc., et al. (DNJ); Represented defendant Desay A&V Science and Technology Co., Ltd in a patent infringement litigation.
- Gemini IP, Inc. v. Computer Sciences Corporation, et al. (E.D. Tex.); Represented defendant Bomgar Corporation in a patent infringement litigation.
- Gemini IP, Inc. v. Zappos.com, Inc. et al. (E.D. Tex.); Represented several customers of Bomgar Corporation in a patent infringement lawsuit derived from the foregoing case.
- We-Flex, LLC v. NBSP, Inc., et al. (S.D. Tex.); Represented defendant Aromate Industries Company, Ltd. in a false marking litigation.
- Georgetown University Law Center, Master of Laws (2008)
- Soochow University in Taipei, Taiwan, Master of Laws (2003)
- Fu Jen Catholic University in Taipei, Taiwan, Bachelor of Laws (1998)
- State Bar of New York
- Taiwan Bar
- Taiwan Patent Bar
- “Management Training Series: Trade Secret Protection,” Sino-American Silicon Products, Inc., October 2010, August 2011, and November 2013.
- “Management Training Series: Patent Licensing,” Sino-American Silicon Products, Inc., June 2012.
- “Impact of the America Invents Act,” Delta Electronics, Inc., co-speaker, November 2011.
- “Introduction of ITC Section 337 Investigation and U.S. Patent Litigation” SME Incubator, Southern Taiwan Science Park, November 2011.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- New York Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Taiwanese American Science and Technology Association, Washington D.C.